The Resort Village of Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is a small resort community located on the west side of Turtle Lake. Nearby communities include Livelong (20 mins), Turtleford (30 mins), Glaslyn (30 mins) and St. Walburg (40 mins). Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is home to about 80 permanent residents, with close to 240 cabins and over 300 lots.
Swimming, fishing, boating and hiking are just a few of the activities that residents and visitors can enjoy. Unfortunately, there are no camping facilities in the resort village, but two public beaches, two boat launches and playground facilities are available for visitors.
NOTICE OF BORROWING UPDATE
MARCH 28, 2017
Please be advised that due to the feedback from the community at last night’s meeting, council has decided to table the proposal to borrow money for the purchase of Parcel N so that they can continue to work on and verify their business plan.
There were some valid questions raised and council needs more time to take it all under consideration.
For further information please contact Terry Anderson @ 780-808-1312 or Steven Nasby@ 306- 830-1247
- Mayor: Steven Nasby
- Councillors: Terry Anderson, Gail Morgan, Archie Macleod
PLEASE NOTE: The new red garbage tags are now $3.50.
- RV Storage Compound
- Located at the East edge of the village in MR6. Spaces are available for residents at a rate of $200/yr for a single lot. Pontoon boats require double lots and the cost is $400/yr.
*Please Note the compound has been expanded and new sites are available.
- Water Supply
- The village now has a year round well from which potable water can be hauled.
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Fire Chief: Archie Macleod – 306-845-8034
New Zoning Bylaw, Zoning Map & Official Community Plan
Check out our Events page for more information.
Look for village updates on our Bulletin Board page.