The Resort Village of Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is a small resort community located on the west side of Turtle Lake. Nearby communities include Livelong (20 mins), Turtleford (30 mins), Glaslyn (30 mins) and St. Walburg (40 mins). Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay is home to about 80 permanent residents, with close to 240 cabins and over 300 lots.
Swimming, fishing, boating and hiking are just a few of the activities that residents and visitors can enjoy. Unfortunately, there are no camping facilities in the resort village, but two public beaches, two boat launches and playground facilities are available for visitors.
- Mayor: Steven Nasby
- Councillors: Terry Anderson, Gail Morgan, Archie Macleod
PLEASE NOTE: The new red garbage tags are now $3.50.
- RV Storage Compound
- Located at the East edge of the village in MR6. Spaces are available for residents at a rate of $200/yr for a single lot. Pontoon boats require double lots and the cost is $400/yr.
*Please Note the compound has been expanded and new sites are available.
- Water Supply
- The village has a seasonal well only from which potable water can be hauled.
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Fire Chief: Archie Macleod
New Zoning Bylaw, Zoning Map & Official Community Plan
Public Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Resort Village of Kivimaa – Moonlight Bay, intends to adopt a new Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw pursuant to The Planning & Development Act, 2007.
The draft bylaws and zoning map are available for downloading and viewing below:
Check out our Events page for more information.
Look for village updates on our Bulletin Board page.