As per BYLAW NO. 8/08 being a bylaw of the Resort Village of Kivimaa–Moonlight Bay to provide for fire protection, the suppression of fire pursuant to Section 136(3) and 136(4) of the Urban Municipal Act, 1984 and Section 7 of the Prairie and Forest Fire Act, 1982.
- A fireworks display, public or private shall only be held in locations approved and designated by the local Fire Chief.
- No person shall hold a fireworks display, public or private without first obtaining a permit from the local Fire Chief.
- No person shall hold a public fireworks display using high hazard fireworks.
Setting Off Fireworks
- No person shall set off any fireworks in a manner that would create a danger or nuisance to another person or properly.
- No person under 18 years of age shall set off any fireworks except under the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult.
Local Fire Chief: Archie Macleod, Phone: 845-2872
*Before you begin, ensure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. This can be downloaded for free from Adobe’s website. If you need help completing the form, review the article Filling in PDF Forms. At the top of the form, there are options to Clear, Print, Save, and Submit. Once you’re finished filling in the form, save a copy to your computer. Press submit, choose your preferred email client, and send the email. If you have trouble with this step, send the saved version as an attachment in an email to email@example.com.