The Village has been informed by the RM of Mervin effective January 1, 2024 the maximum charge for firefighting will increase to $7,500.00 per call, per property owner affected by the call. Additional equipment such as water trucks, graders, etc. shall be charged on a cost recovery basis.
Congratulations to the 2023 Yards in Bloom Winners!
Another summer is passing by and again we had some absolutely beautiful yards. Although there were not as may nominations this year as last the judges had their work cut out for them!
The winners for 2023 Yards in Bloom are as follows:
The Fedler's Property - 88 Lakeshore Drive
Pots and Patio
The Napper's Property - 79 Lakeshore Drive
Beds/Raised Beds incl. Vegetable Gardens
The Anderson's Property - 20 Archie Clampitt Drive
Many thanks to our Judges and all those who helped make this event happen!
Thank You! Big thank you to FGG Inspections for offsetting the cost of the pontoon boat. Thanks to Precision Instrumentation for the pump that will mount on the boat to help pump water in case of a fire. Also for everyone that donated to the volunteer fire department as the remainter of the cost was covered by those funds.
Resort Village of Kivimaa-Moonlight Bay 2023 Newsletter
- On the afternoon of Sunday May 14th, a ratepayer discovered fresh ashes dumped on the trees in the public reserve behind their property. The immediately soaked it down with water, it was probably done by someone in the village. Burning of any sort is NOT allowed during a fire ban and dumping of hot ashes id a dangerous practice at the best of times. Please be careful out there.
The Village would like to thank Saskatchewan Lotteries for their donation of $789.00 to help cover the cost of importing beach sand for our parks
Turtle Lake Watershed Inc 2023 Newsletter
2022 News Letter
Click on the link below for Safety Tips
OUR HERITAGE BUILDING
Thank you Lawrence Racicot for donating this log cabin which has been designated as a heritage building.
A HUGE thank you to Lawrence and the following businesses and people for volunteering their time, products, and services to make this happen for our village.
- Border City Concrete - Concrete for the foundation
- Nick Matvenko - Forms for the foundation
- FGG Inspections (Ed Gulliver) - Rebar for the foundation and cedar shakes for the roof (to be replacing the metal roof)
- Pro-Lift (Kelly Studer) - Lifting the cabin
- Mitchell Bros. Excavating - Moving the cabin
This project was 100% funded by volunteers - THANK YOU!
Golf Course Damage
Unfortunately there has been some damage and vandalism to our mini golf course.
Please do not stand on the bumper rails and kindly remind others should you see them standing on the rails.
Cameras have been installed
If trees are overhaning your power line and you feel it is a fire hazard you can call Sask Power at 888-757-6937. You will need your lot and block number when you make the call.
A big thank you to Cindy Nasby. She donates her time and the flowers at the Moonlight Bay Park.
Any ratepayer can access the Village tractor and trailer, with a few conditions. It is to be used for transporting logs, brush, flowers, light loads of soil, etc. Nothing heavy. It will be operated by any of the Councillors, the Mayor or the Maintenance Foreman. It can be scheduled with a phone call to any of the Councillors or the Mayor. Cost is $60/hr with a minimum of a one hour charge.
If anyone has any golf balls that are not suitable for the course, we could use them for the mini-golf. Thanks!
The Village has a dunk tank which is available for rent. Price is $100.00/weekend. Contact the village office to make arrangements to have this fun item available for your event!
Information for the 2023 Swimming Lessons will be posted this Spring
- Public Well Inspection November 2021
- Public Well Inspection Aug 21
- Public Well Environmental Analysis Aug 21
- Public Well Environmental Analysis Feb 21
- Public Well Environmental Analysis May 12
- Public Well Environmental Analysis June 2022
- Public Well Environmental Analysis September 2022
- Public Well Environmental Analysis November 2022
- Public Well Environmental Analysis January 2023
- Public Well Environmental Analysis March 2023
- Public Well Environmental Analysis June 2023
- Public Well Environmental Analysis June 26 2023
Please note that garbage pickup will be Bi-weekly on Mondays, and on Tuesdays after a long weekend. Dates are: March 13th & 27th; April 11th & 24th; May 8th & 23rd. Tags are available at the Village office.
We are interested in getting a group email set up for the Village for announcements such as fire bans, bear sightings or other important notices. Please let us know if you wish to be on this list. This will only be for Community emails.
Administrative emails (such as tax notices) are sent through a different server.